Monday, November 2, 2009

state of confusion.

today starts with a good day cuz i gonna have an exchange interview at 4pm in Taylors Business School(TBS) for my china internship thing. Was actually pretty happy day cause i was expecting to pass it since Yi Hong says it's easy and stuff and he been keep telling me that i'll sure pass no matter what by telling me the failing ratio and why the person fails,so i was having a big expectation that the interview would be real easy questions and stuff.

I only did some minor research and spend pretty lil time on self simulation on what question they gonna ask by the interviewer since yi hong says it's easy. But end up it was a tensed 30 min interview and to be honest,i'm a lil disappointed on how do i explain or structure out my answers,the session goes on pretty bad or below average in my opinion,cuz bout 70% of the questions i couldnt give the interviewer some solid answer that could actually make them thinks i'm qualified for the internship.

The 2 interviewer been keep trying to prompt me questions to make me answer but somehow i had that answer in heart and i couldnt answer them out,i been asked in for 2nd session cuz they're not really sure on my intention to go abroad(AIESEC wants quality exchanger) so i was pretty mess and stress up to be honest but i try to keep myself cool by talking to ppl..when they asked me out for a 2nd round,i knew something is wrong cuz i did interview for other ppl as well,i know what it means..

i'm really really fuked up nervous but when they ask me:" do u think you could pass this interiew?"
i replied them:"i think i would,because i believe i'm a person suits to go for exchange"

but somehow their faces shows a diff thing(i know the interviewer well in person,so i know how they act at times) so i knew something bad was coming,i tried to keep myself chill.. By then they told me i failed and gimme reasons saying that they're uncleared of my exchange intention and doubt my seriousness for going this exchange i was really really stunned,even if i fail cuz i dont do much research,but seriousness?i do think i tried to show how much i care for this interview,how much i care for this internship thing.. But mehhh,everything turns bad i still fail the interview,i know there's no point arguing for now and there is always a reason for failing me,probably i'm not the one they're looking for so i'm fine with it.

Drove home fuking quick,been tail-gating ppl all way long cuz i'm still really confused and unhappy bout the interview(luckily i wasnt sending catherine back,or else she'll scream at me asking me to slow down >.< ) but meh,when i thought of my mum,it reminds me back 1 of the facebook video that i watched bout speeding,and i promised myself i wouldnt wanna put mum into a state of worry so i slow down by alot,from 130kmj to 80-90kmj.

Got home in a confused yet restless mood and told mum i fail,she asked me why but i still dont feel like telling her everything yet,wasnt in the right mood,i just wanna be alone that time. So i switch on the TV,sms ivan and told him i failed,which waiting for his reply,i slept at the sofa.. Woke up by 1 of the interviewer's phone call telling me that they have already reconsider for passing me,so i could go for internship..

By then i'm still really confused whether i passed of fail actually. That 'blade slice' of u guys did on interview had already put on a deep wound into me,and i'm still thinking,wtf is this?is this some kind of joke?if u wanna fail someone just fail him and dont call back,if your unsure on your answer,DONT DECIDE IT SO QUICK YET THEN!!think calling back and apologizing bout not having deep, adequate thinking before telling me,U FAILED, seriously left a real real real big impact on me still...

i'm still very confused,things were still messy in my head,but bah...w.e i need time myself till for another few hours to actually cool myself down to able to talk back to him and ask the final decision.


1 comment:

Death Legion said...

Ha ! its your first interview so learn from it ! I had one myself too last semester, it was a portfolio interview with my instructor which he works for Blizzard Entertainment(the company that makes warcraft,diablo,etc). Worst thing is, I came all prepared. A room full of students dressed with coat and ties...which adds to my tension. Gawd when it is my turn i went up there, first mistake....forgot to give my buisness card...LOL...god damn it ! Then while reviewing my portfolio, i have not collected much and i have forgotten what i said so i just bullshitted most of it. At the end, I shook his hand and thank for his time and went back to my seat. Then we did a review on what i did wrong and what i did ok. He said something about me not taking control of my portfolio and the conversation and i asked him what does he mean. He said this " Most of the time, interview are about weather to see if they like you or not. So do much small talk like asking them questions instead of having them ask u questions so that narrows down the chances of not knowing how to answer that questions. stick to small talks like ask them how's their day, whats their experience like in that company and how do they like working there, etc." Don't know if that's going to be useful to u. Oh also do address the interviewers by their names, its formality.